- IT ITems DataBase The free asset inventory
ITDB is a web based asset inventory management tool used to store information about assets found in office environments, with a focus -but not lmited to- IT assets. It is not or targets for ITIL/CMDB compliance (yet), but it has served me for years and hopefully it will do the same for you :-)
ITDB comes with sources and is distributed under the GNU Public license.
Not really planned any more.
- Purchase Order management
- Basic Ticketing support
- Configuration/Knowledge/FAQ entries per item/software. (Something easier than attaching files)
- RRD support for historical graph trends
- Item positioning in floor plan, with drag & drop (WIP)
- Better (analytical) licensing models, SLA events, recurring events, descriptions
- Automatic host and software discovery - db auditing
- ISO20000-like features
- Items: specs, warranties, s/n, IP info, what other H/W relates/connects to this H/W, item status, event log, assignees
- Software: specs, license info, ...
- Relations: where each software is installed, license QTY, component relations, contract relations to software/hardware/invoices
- Invoices: purchase proofs depicting date, vendor, prices, attached documents
- Agents: Vendors, H/W & S/W Manufacturers, Buyers (for different Dpt), Contactors
- Locations: location of each asset: building, floor, room, rack, rack row, row depth
- Contracts: define custom contract types, like support& maintenance, SLA, etc. Track contract events.
- Tags: multiple tags for items and software. You may use tags for grouping according to usage, budget, owner, importance, etc.
- Files: attach documents to every main object entity (Items, Software, Invoices, Contracts
- Users: who has what or who is responsible for what
- Racks: display rack layout with items assigned to each rack row. (supports multiple items/rackrow).
- Print labels: print label stickers for tag all your assets, with or without barcode, from phones and laptops to cooling units and ups. Easily define new label paper layouts through the GUI.
- One click backup: get a full backup of the ITDB installation and data in a .tar.gz from the main menu. To restore, just extract the backup file on the web server!
- All pages are printable: all screen pages/lists/reports print-out nicely, without menus, scrollbars and other clutter.
- Interface Translations: translation file support. You may create your own translations (v1.3)
- Rudimentary LDAP support: pull userlist for item assignment from an LDAP URL.(Not tested with active directory, and not used for auth.
6/Mar/2016 version 1.23: itdb-1.23.zip
4/Jul/2015 version 1.22: itdb-1.22.zip
2/Jul/2015 version 1.21: itdb-1.21.zip
25/Oct/2014 version 1.14: itdb-1.14.zip
20/Oct/2014 version 1.13: This version had some unreleased code by mistake.
23/Dec/2013 version 1.12: itdb-1.12.tar.gz
24/Oct/2013 version 1.11: itdb-1.11.tar.gz
22/Oct/2013 version 1.10: (wrong db version bundled)
28/Sep/2013 version 1.9: itdb-1.9.tar.gz
You can download the current development version on GitHub
Previous releases are here
with limited functionality. The demo may be a bit slow, this is due to my provider, not due to itdb.
The software is distributed under GPL.
I would be very happy to receive an email describing how you use it!
Some screenshots are from previous versions.
Some screenshots have been edited to wipe-out private info.
- A recent version of Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc or IE≥9
- Apache 2.2 on a posix system (linux, solaris, etc) (apache 2.0 may also work)
- PHP > 5.2.x
- PHP SQlite PDO, SQlite >188.8.131.52
- depending on your distribution, you may have to also install packages "php-posix", "php-mbstring", "php5-gd", "php5-json" "php5-sqlite" "php-pdo"
It has been reported to me that it also runs under MS-Windows but I cannot test it.
- extract the files in a web-exported directory (under the "DocumentRoot")
- rename pure.db to itdb.db (pure.db is a blank database)
- make the data/itdb.db file AND the data/ directory AND the data/files/ directory readable and writeable by the web server
- make translations/ directory readable and writeable by the web server
- Login with admin/admin
If you need to find out which sqlite library is used by your apache/php installation, browse to itdb/phpinfo.php or press the small blue (i) on the bottom left of the itdb menu.
Instructions are inside the 00-UPGRADE.txt file
older CHANGELOG is here
For newer releases, you may see the commit log
Copyright © 2008-2016 Spiros Ioannou -